Screenscribbler

Thursday 19 May 2011

Buenos dias from Mexico

Ola. Nothing inspires me to write more than travel. I'm a little too old to make my own way around the world backpacking. Besides I have bills to pay and need to keep my job. But even on a package I soak in the regional history while others soak in the sun.



I went to Chichen Itza which is home to one of the Seven New Wonders of the World. It wasn't a sight-seeing trip (you can see sights in books and the web). It was, for me, more of a sight-feeling trip.
Speaking to the Mayan indians and learning about the culture and the left me almost breathless. I will never claim to be an expert on the indiginous people of the Yucatan peninsular. Indeed I could spend several years at university studying the Mayans and still not achieve expert status. Perhaps expert status should be reserved for the Mayans.  But a little bit of Mayan has entered my soul. Now I can write from the heart.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of a 'sight-feeling' trip. They are indeed the best. I recall standing within the stone circle at Stonehenge as a child (in the days when it was allowed)and closing my eyes to just 'feel' the place with other senses.
    So glad it has inspired you ;-)

    ReplyDelete