Screenscribbler

Sunday 24 February 2013

To Do Lists

I am writing a new post for my blog because it is on my 'To Do' list. My phone seems to affect most areas of my life these days, with emails, messages and the occasional Tweet or FB notification, I thought I could channel some of my phone's energy into getting me to sit down and write.
The app has actually emailed me today, to write my blogpost and write 500 words or more of my book.

This app which I downloaded free, will not lie down and sit in the background. It even asked me if I wanted to go 'Premium,' at a cost of £26 per year! What the hell will the paid up version that costs two quid a week do to me, in order to get me to write? Taser me?

Motivation is not the issue. I love writing, I want to write, I will write and I do write. A full time job is not an issue, I haven't done so bad over the past few years.

Writing at home is the real issue. Home is full of animal, vegetable and mineral distractions. I could do what Roald Dahl did and retreat to my garden shed, but even if I removed the lawnmower, two bicycles and a step ladder out in order to step into the shed, I run the risk of toppling a jar of paintbrush cleaner with brushes that were left to soak about two years ago.

However, I think the free To Do List will be sufficient to maintain a steady output of 500 words per day, for now.


4 comments:

  1. I haven't got around to a 'To Do' list on my phone yet, John.But that App sounds more useful than Solitaire at least. Though I am sure your phone will spare you writing your 500 words in the shed. At least for the time being! Even it will have ways of knowing that the temperature out there is way too low for creative thinking! Maybe for £26 it will find you another way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would need more than £26 to pay for heating for my shed, in these sub-zero temperatures we're having. My free app is good. I've just completed 700 words and still counting,on my current project, 'Ephesus.' The plot is set in sunnier climes, so it's a good place to take myself at the moment. Thank you for contributing to my blog Sue. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Good luck with the App. I have enough trouble with the reminders that pop up on my phone each day in advance. Some are like threats I think- and I wrote them! Hmm, maybe I need to change the way I write them. Today I have no reminders though so am enjoying the peace!
    I like the "write 500 words a day' app though. While I was doing NaNoWriMo I think I enjoyed the pressure but not sure I could keep the momentum up with everything else that is currently in my life (see my blog post) 500 is far more attainable I think.
    As for the shed - might be tad cold at this time of year? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me by surprise when I received an email because I hadn't completed my 500 words on the previous day . If I left it any longer, maybe the 'To Do' Police would have come knocking on my door.

      I'm coming over to your blog now Deborah.

      Delete